Chia seed is a well-known ‘superseed’ that has excellent nutritional properties and can be used in a variety of foods. It belongs to the mint family and is abundantly found in Mexico. It is obtained from a desert plant known as Salvia Hispanica. The plant can reach up to the height of 6ft, and the seeds are derived from the heads of the flowers after drying them before harvesting.
Benefits & Advantages
They are known as super seeds are the following are the benefits they offer:
- They are highly rich in minerals and vitamins, including manganese, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin D, and vitamin E.
- They are perfect for keto-dieters as they are the best plant-based omega 3 fatty acids source.
- It is highly rich in plant-based protein i.e., 2 tbsp. = 4 grams of protein.
- They are digestible, unlike flaxseeds.
- They are highly rich in soluble dietary fiber. It makes chia seeds best for gut and digestive health. It will also make you feel fuller for longer.
- They are having a low GI, as well as cholesterol and gluten-free.
- You can store them in dark places for a much longer time without any deterioration.
Due to their neutral taste, you can use them in a vast array of recipes. You can add them to milk to make chia-puddings. You can also add the, into smoothies, ice-creams, and drinks for a thicker texture. You can also sprinkle them on smoothies, breakfast bowls, or salads. You can also use them as a thickener in curries, dips, and pasta sauces, etc.
Z-company provides wholesale or bulk supplies of organic, kosher, and FSSC2000 certified products across Europe. We operate from our primary warehouse in the Netherlands. We keep in mind competitive pricing while providing the fastest shipping possible via Rotterdam harbor. Our team is readily available to assist you in providing you information regarding our products as well as our overall working.